Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Happy Hour Playdate!

Yep, your eyes have not deceived you! It is about time you scheduled a Happy Hour Playdate for you and your tot!

Working moms and stay-at-homes alike deserve a little treat once a week (wink). Or maybe, more doable, once every two weeks. A bona fide Happy Hour just like we did before we had kids. :) Cyndi Lauper found the heart of the issue...GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN and there is no reason not to. Though we no longer come home in the morning light.

Here's the deal, we are women...intellectual, spirited and spunky women. We willingly and eagerly give so much of ourselves and our time to our families. So every now and again I encourage us to spice up the playdate. Herein lies the best of both worlds. (Shout out to Liam..."my dad drinks spicy juice.")

This late afternoon soiree is a perfect blend of adult play and tot play. There are a couple of options for making this work. You can host a Happy Hour Playdate at your house and set out some delicious snacks and wine. Or make it a potluck and every week (okay...or every other week) rotate who brings what and the 'where'. Easy, breezy. My summer suggestion is margaritas and guacamole. Ahhhhh...

For the tots...set out all of your tot's favorite toys or have each tot bring their favorite toy to share. Next, let the tots go wild. I mean crazy nut wild! With wine in hand the brewing disaster in your living doesn't seem so bad. While your tots are entertaining each other by snatching toys from one another and exclaiming 'mine' you and your mom friends can toast all the week's (alright...or every other week's) successes, failures, new developments, upcoming events...etc. Perfect.


Now that I've successfully convinced you you need a regular Happy Hour Playdate let's put one on the calendar. I already know of a few moms who would love to have a set Happy Hour Playdate. Something to look forward to... My suggestion is this, let's schedule one every other week (obviously I prefer every week...so speak up if you do too!!!) and whoever can make can make it. The usual disclaimer applies to this playdate as it does to all others...plans are always tentative when a child is involved. Make a comment on this blog if you are in for a Happy Hour Playdate!!!! I'll set up an email exchange for everyone interested. CHEERS!



BRAYDEN's Pick: Tylenol. I'm getting so many teeth at once! What in the world...

BABY BLOOPERS:
Random Tot Quotes...inspired by Liam :)

"Nobody puts me on the corner!" (no explanation necessary)

"That man has a candle in his mouth!" (it was a cigarette)

"If I were a gift I would be a necklace so I could stay with my mom." (Ahhhhhh)

If you have a collection of your tot's hilarious quotes then visit www.parents.com. Find the Mom-to-Mom Advice and locate 'Share Funny Toddler Moments'. Post your quote and you could win $250! College fund...

K&B

1 comment:

  1. A Happy Hour Playdate sounds great! Lucy and I are up for it probably every-other-week. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete