Saturday, January 30, 2010

Musical Magic...Magic Comes Alive in Your Tot's Eyes!!!!

Moms have I got great news! Brayden and I have stumbled across a tot-friendly hidden gem in Roscoe Village. Musical Magic (located at 2255 W. Roscoe)! We were driving down the street and noticed an awning saying without saying your tot belongs here! And believe me when I say your tot belongs there!

Musical Magic is 'a musical journey designed for children ages newborn to 4 years old.' Brayden can attest this is a fantastic journey! Just the other day, Brayden and I popped in for the Pip Squeaks class for ages 12 months to 24 months. The class was a brilliant combination of free-roam and structure. Brayden's life has been dedicated to being a tot...a wild, adventurous, and a bit untamed tot. When we were asked to sit in a circle I began to sweat! Would Brayden sit still? Would he run around and thunk kids on the head, would he start screaming!?! Ugh...what would happen??? My fear was unwarranted because Musical Magic is truly magic.

The class is a series of adorable kids songs...one directly after the other. Age appropriate songs teaching kids animals, colors, and more. My favorite songs were the hello and goodbye songs because these songs included all the tot's names. Each song has a prop...shaking eggs, rhythm sticks, sunglasses, scarves, balls and even bubbles. Yes, bubbles! Brayden had never seen bubbles before. His smile was priceless. His giggles amazing. His cry of joy heartwarming. Then and there I said to myself, 'We are signing up!'

Roseanne Locricchio Barnum is the Founder and Director of Musical Magic since its debut in September 2002. Roseanne's background is in PR but music was always her first love. Roseanne has successfully managed to turn her hobby into a career. I love this! I admire this! I support her. And cannot believe she hand washes all of those props...there is even a drool bag for the props that get slobbered on (as they require more attention)!

Roseanne teaches the classes with passion and patience. Like I said, I was so nervous about Brayden giving the finger to a structured class! He is only used to places where he can run at his freewill. BUT me of little faith, Roseanne has set the class up perfectly for all age groups...including tots like Brayden. In addition to the props, the kids get up and dance, shake, walk in a circle and mingle with each other. It is simply wonderful. And at $152 for an 8 week session it is also super affordable. I noticed on her website if you sign up for two sessions you get a 15% discount. Check out the website for all class details (babies, toddlers and a mix medley) and the various times to suit your tots schedule. Give Roseanne a call (773-529-5600) and schedule your FREE preview class. www.musicalmagic.net


Here's another bonus for the moms...the moms I met at Musical Magic were awesome. I crashed their class and they made me feel welcomed and included. I like this as I have felt shunned in the past at other places. And they seem to be cool moms. One mom was saying her twin girls go to bed at 7pm and the wine is uncorked by 7:10pm. This is a group of moms I can get on board with!!





BRAYDEN's Pick: Playing with an empty fountain drink cup while Mom eats my pretzel at Target.

Rumor has it... Making a baby GIRL!
If you conceive early in the window (three days before ovulation), you will then up your odds of getting a girl. If you conceive late in the window (the day of ovulation) you increase your chances of getting a boy. The reason for this is that the female producing sperm can easily wait for the egg because of their strength. But, due to the boy sperm's weakness, these little guys start to die off pretty quickly. The clock begins to tick for them almost immediately.

K&B



No comments:

Post a Comment