Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shop at Dominick's for Tot Fun!




MOMS, your prayers have been answered! Well one prayer at least. The unavoidable errand of grocery shopping is now for tots! All tot errand runners...quiet ones, grumpy ones, tired ones, happy ones, screaming ones...Dominick's is speaking your (our) language!

Just one week ago Dominick's received incredible TV Karts for tots.

The other day Brayden and I sauntered into Dominick's on our usual mission...I was excited to accomplish a 'to do' and he was excited to acquire 3 new helium balloons. I mean...come on...is there anything cuter than a tot pointing at and babbling over floating joy. At $3.99 a pop (no pun) my husband's debit card begs to differ. Which is why Bray and I hide them in the basement bathroom...shhhh. So imagine the size of my smile when I saw these colorful carts shaped liked little cars winking at me from their very own parking-charging mat. Hurrah, alas the balloon phase would come to an end! And I am thrilled to report it did.

These TV Karts are amazing, truly amazing. I strapped in a giddy Brayden and instantly he began twisting and turning the steering wheel. The cart has a built in window so I was able to watch his somewhat brushed blonde head from behind as I pushed through the store. He was engaged the entire time! Occasionally he would turn and smile at me through the window. We were having a blast! And then as if it could get any better I discovered a TV in there! An actual mini-screen with a option list of kid shows! We chose Bob the Builder. Brayden doesn't much care for TV at this point but he likes the music...lesson learned...next time I am selecting Barney!

Now here are the perks. Suddenly, my shopping experience changed. I was able to scan the shelves for new products. I had extra time allowing me to break out of my typical mold. You know the this mold...you mindlessly grab exactly what you need off the shelves while zipping down the aisles (only the aisles containing the items you robotically know belong in your cart). I honestly think I could win Supermarket Sweep! But not anymore...now I lollygag. I read boxes and labels and hover around the recipe rack. It's euphoric. All the while my adorable tot is pleasantly entertained. And not with junky snacks I ripped open prior to purchase as an unspoken bribe (Oreo Cakesters...he eats one and I eat three...ugh). Thanks to the TV Kart I am able to evolve. And lose weight :)


So moms, take my word for it and for major shopping trips ditch Jewel, ditch Trader Joe's and even ditch Whole Foods. Although, Whole Foods is a close second because if your grocery excursion is a nightmare at least you can calm your nerves with a glass wine at their wine bar.

BRAYDEN's Pick - The photo booth at the Old Navy on North Ave. just west of Sheffield. For a mere $3 take fabulous old school black and white mini-photos...you get two copies!

Mingling Topic: Tiger Woods
Drop it.

Guilty Pleasure: The Bachelor
I have never watched a season of the show BUT this season looks awesome! Don't hold me to this...it's just a hunch (based on the previews).

K&B

No comments:

Post a Comment